Wednesday 10 March 2010

Designing the Album cover on photoshop

This was great experience for me as I could to use the Adobe Photoshop software, firstly I discussed with the group on how we should do this as I fought that the split screen idea wouldn’t work ( not look nice).
So we decided to look for a picture that had a stage but could represent Jason background we looked we couldn’t find anything until we stumbled across a great picture with a star right in the middle this would go greatly with the album cover as it has continuity between the film and the album cover so people can see a link. So I looked at a couple of Photoshop tutorials on YouTube to give me a greater idea on how I could use the software to my advantage, I used a couple ideas such as the fade in of Jason’s picture to the stage behind him as well as using the font to create boldness and be more eye catching. Parvin helped me create a good border as it gave me trouble we got there in the end.
I think for me the highlight was using the fade to capture both Jason and the stage behind him other than that the tutorials we really great as without them I wouldn’t have produce something looking so good here is some of the pictures of start to finish.

this is the picture of jason i initaily started out with:



i then cropped it so it looked like this:



this is the stage i used notice the giant star in the background Wicked!!



this is the merger of the cropped picture and the stage, i brought them together to create a better picture as well as eye catching font which makes it look bold.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home